Saturday, January 15, 2011

Remakes from Malayalam to Other Languages

Some stories from Malayalam films are remade in other languages also. Such references seldom came in articles on cinema.

Hence the movie watching experience of members can help to build up such a list. I also might be having such details in my old diaries, which I have to get complied.
This point struck me in the course of my discussion with one of my friends. These are some examples

Paadunna Puzha - Remade in Tamil as "Mannippu" (Jayashankar, Ushakumari etc) It was remade in Telugu also I remember, title of telugu I have to confirm.

Agniputhri - Remade as Darpan (loose adaptation. Comments from the members welcome)

And the later films like Thenmavin Kombathu, Thaalavattam, Manichithrathazhu, Sanmanassullavarku Samadhanam etc etc which all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment